Historical & Covenanters Trail is a heritage path and walking route which is a section of an ancient road from Gatehouse of Fleet to Glengap and Ringford
- A very early road, possibly Roman;
- An archaeological site;
- An area rich in archaeology and history with Scheduled Ancient Monuments at Cairntosh Hill and Trostrie motte;
- A drove road from at least 800 years ago, the key route from Port Patrick to London;
- A key part of Covenanter History;
- Designated as a military road though not built as one;
- Part Right of Way, part public road;
- Much wild life including red kites;
- Panoramic views to the Solway Coast, Fleet Valley NSA and Galloway Hills.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.