Based at Kirkibost Pier, Islands of Adventure is Great Bernera's only unique seafaring adventure.
With a trip on their high class speed boat you can admire breathtaking scenery and amazing wildlife - one of the most exciting ways to explore this part of the Outer Hebrides. Experience the beauty of Great Bernera and its surrounding islands, before getting into open waters.
The range of marine and wildlife on the boat trips includes:
• Blue Lagoon - Pabay Island
• Flannan Isle - Home to the puffins and a gannet sanctuary
• Gallan Head - Where you will see large rock stacks that have eroded through time
• Scarp - Famous for the Rocket Post
• Gasker Island - This is a memorable trip where you will see seals and their new born pups
• Island Hoping - An exciting way to explore the surrounding Islands of Great Bernera and its history such as Little Bernera, Old Hill, Berasay, Campay, Bosta with its' Iron Age house and Time and Tide Bell
• Butt of Lewis - Exhilarating day trip up to the Butt of Lewis
• Little Bernera - Dolphins, porpoises, seals and seal pups, sea eagles, puffins and many other sea birds are common sightings on our trips and the promise is that you will have an interactive fun tour with information on wildlife and the history surrounding Great Bernera
They also offer trips in their 15 m commercial work boat, sailing yacht and commercial lobster creel boat. With this slower more relaxing experience you have a warm wheelhouse and a large deck to walk around, and this boat is perfect for fishing trips. Fishing with a twist can also be taken on the Kingfisher 26 commercial Lobster creel boat, where you can experience what being a fisherman/woman is like, setting and lifting creels (this is not for the faint hearted). The company can also take you out and set sail, on the sailing yacht, Shangri-La, where you can experience the peace and tranquillity of the Outer Hebrides.