Kelvingrove Park is a classic Victorian park by the River Kelvin and has a range of sporting facilities as well as being next to the renowned Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery.
This Sir Joseph Paxton designed park is a classic example of a Victorian park. Its design and setting on the banks of the River Kelvin enhance and compliment the magnificent Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery.
The museum and art gallery underwent a £27.9m refurbishment to restore its magnificent Victorian interior and reopened in July 2006.
Recreation facilities in the park include bowling greens, tennis courts, a skateboard park and children’s play areas.
The Stewart Memorial Fountain, erected in 1872, commemorates Lord Provost Stewart who was instrumental in the delivery of Glasgow’s water supply system from Loch Katrine.