The Linn of Tummel is an area in Perthshire where the rivers Garry and Tummel meet.
Located adjacent to the National Trust for Scotland property of Killiecrankie, a walking path meanders through mixed woodlands and leads to the Linn of Tummel.
An obelisk commemorates a visit by Queen Victoria in 1844. At that time the Tummel made a plunge fall to join the Garry. The fall became the Linn, when the level of both rivers was raised in 1950 by the creation of Loch Faskally in a hydro-electric scheme.
Beside the Linn is a very early example of a fish-pass which previously had enabled salmon to bypass the falls.
Transport and Parking
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.