Low Parks Museum traces the local history of South Lanarkshire and is set within two historic buildings of national importance.
The museum is situated in the former Low Parks of the Duke of Hamilton's estates. The first of the two buildings is Portland, built in 1696 as the private home of David Crawford, secretary and lawyer to the 3rd Duke and Duchess of Hamilton. The other building is the former Palace Riding School, built in 1837 by Alexander, 10th Duke of Hamilton.
Within the museum are displays relating to Hamilton Palace, to working life (including agriculture, weaving, and coalmining) and the history of the local regiment, the Cameronians (Scottish Rifles).
The museum also has a cafe and regular activities for children.
Transport and Parking
Accessible Parking Or Drop-off Point
Lift or stairlift
Wheelchairs or mobility aids provided
Baby Changing Facilities
Public Toilet Facilities
Cafe or Restaurant
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.