Marischal College is located just off Union Street (close to VisitScotland's iCentre) in the city of Aberdeen.
Founded in 1593, Marischal College became the second university in Aberdeen. Construction of the building began in 1830s and was completed in 1906. Marischal College architecture features a combination of styles, including A Marshall Mackenzie's perpendicular gothic and Archibald Simpson's austere architecture. Both styles have been built with different stone, with Simpson's using Rubislaw stone and Mackenzie's using Kemnay granite.
Overtime the college has gone under a substantial amount of restoration work to preserve the building. In 2008 the building was open to the general public as a museum and later in 2011 became Aberdeenshire Council's headquarters. The college has many closed displays and collections which are available for the public to view online via the museum's virtual museum site.