The club, founded in 1841, is the 18th oldest golf club in the world. The original nine-hole course was laid out by Willie Park Jnr, with extensions to 18 holes being made in 1908 and a second nine-hole course added later. This is an original links course and its layout owes very little to man's handiwork, as its creator used the natural contours of the land. Indeed, it is one of the most testing venues for a round of golf in Scotland.
Links, 18 holes, 6,173 yards, SSS 71, Par 70