Ravenscraig Castle is one of the earliest artillery forts in Scotland and has two round towers linked by a cross range.
Due to access restrictions in place as a precautionary measure while we undertake high level masonry inspections, there is currently no visitor access to this site. Find out more about our conservation work
It was originally built for James II in 1460 and the west tower of the castle was the residence of his widow, Queen Mary of Gueldres.
There is limited access to the castle, which lies beside Ravenscraig Park on the eastern outskirts of Kirkcaldy, off the A955 Dysart Road.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.