Our Wildlife Tours depart throughout the day visiting the Gulf of Corryvreckan, home of the World's Third Largest Whirlpool. Do watch our videos and read our reviews on TripAdvisor.
Porpoise, dolphins and whales feed in these food rich waters along with many seals and the occasional otter. There are deer on the islands and seabirds in the skies which are also home to both the white tailed sea eagle and golden eagle.
Our two hour nature spectacular is set amongst the many islands in the area. The scenery is spectacular with both woodlands and cliffs. All Seafari boats are high speed Rigid Hulled Inflatable Boats purpose built for wildlife and nature watching. We also have a traditional boat for our 3 hour Corryvreckan Wildlife and Whales Tour.
Boats are driven by one of our highly experienced skippers and crewed by a qualified wildlife guide.
Please note - We are not currently offering our Day Trip to Iona, Staffa and the Puffin Colony due to Covid-19 restrictions.
We ask that you park your vehicle in the public car park which is clearly signed upon arrival in the harbour square. You need to drive down a single lane road in front of some houses to reach the car park. You may feel like you are driving to a dead end but the road turns right at the end into the large car park !
Please do not use the public car park or park near the jetty – this area is reserved for residents of Easdale Island. When getting in and out of your car please ensure there is a 2m distance between you and others. Please wait in your car until others have passed if necessary.
MEASURES WE ARE TAKING TO KEEP OUR TEAM AND CUSTOMERS SAFE.
- In our Ticket Office we have fully sanitised all surfaces prior to re-opening and have created an ongoing cleaning / sanitising routine checklist.
- We will keep the Ticket Office door open if the temperature is comfortable.
- We will use sanitising wipes on the door handle on a regular basis.
- Hand sanistiser is available at the entrance and at the counter.
- A Perspex screen has been installed over the counter.
- The credit card machine will be sanitised after each use.
- If you have already paid you will not have to enter the ticket office.
- We will be restricting access to the ticket office of 2 people maximum.
- Our external kit up trailer has been positioned in the best possible place to reduce any casual “mingling” with members of the public.
- Our crew member will welcome you at the government guideline safe distance measure and direct you to your “kit up zone” which will be separate from any other group who may be kitting up at the same time.
- Each group will have an allocated box in which you will find your lifejackets. The lifejackets will have been sanitised as advised by the lifejacketassociation.org.
- The crew member will demonstrate for you how to put on your lifejacket and how to check it is correctly fitted – at a distance.
- During the boarding process we will ensure each group (if more than one group) is kept at the government guideline safe distance measure. We will allocate you your seats before boarding and each group will be seated to ensure safe distance guidelines are followed.
- The skipper will have cleaned / sanitised all relevant areas of the boat prior to bringing the boat alongside.
- The skipper will explain the boarding process – the skipper will be there to assist if needed and during this time the skipper will be wearing a face covering.
**Remember it is not possible to carry out or guarantee complete disinfection, the goal is to minimize risk**
MEASURES WE ASK YOU TO ADHERE TO.
To ensure we protect our local community, our team and you, our customers, we kindly ask that you adhere to the following procedures when you join us here :
- Seil and Easdale are stunning areas to visit but please remember that many of its residents are potentially vulnerable so we ask that our customers ensure they follow the government’s social distancing rules whilst here and also please be aware that many residents are out walking their dogs or cycling on the single track road so we respectfully ask that due care is taken in regards to driving speed.
- We ask that you park your vehicle in the public car park which is clearly signed upon arrival in the harbour square. You need to drive down a single lane road in front of some houses to reach the car park. You may feel like you are driving to a dead end but the road turns right at the end into the large car park !
- Please do not use the public car park or park near the jetty – this area is reserved for residents of Easdale Island. When getting in and out of your car please ensure there is a 2m distance between you and others. Please wait in your car until others have passed if necessary.
- We ask that just one member of your party enters the ticket office to collect your ticket – if you have already paid we may meet you in the village square with your ticket.
- We can provide full waterproofs however, as they need to be quarantined for 72 hours since their last use, we may find that stock levels are low so we are not guaranteeing them. Please ensure you are wearing enough clothes to be out on the water. Our standard guidance is to wear what you think you need and add another layer. It is always a lot colder out on the water than it is on land. You can always take something off if you get too hot. Consider bringing gloves and a hat if you are susceptible to cold.
- We do have a stock of binoculars that we are happy to provide but, once again, no guarantees during Covid as they will need to be sanitised after each use and contact times may restrict the stock available. If you have your own pair and are happy to take them on board please bring them with you.
- We ask that all members of the group (unless exempt) wear face coverings from the boarding process, during the tour and disembarking. You may find a neck gaiter is more comfortable and less likely to "dislodge" during the tour.
- Once the tour is over and you have disembarked we ask that you return to the kitting up trailer, your “kit box” will be waiting for you – we ask that all lifejackets are returned to your box so they can be cleaned, sanitised and stored following the guidelines from lifejacketassociation.org
- We will send you and email after your tour to ask for any comments or improvements you feel we should make and also to check that your group members continue to feel well.