Skylark Guiding Ltd is a one-woman small and friendly business providing women focused hill waking/mountain days, hiking and trail running experiences for beginners and more experienced walkers and runners.
Areas covered includes: Southern Highlands accessed from Stirling, Glasgow, Edinburgh; Glencoe; Cairngorms; Isle of Skye. We offer shorter excursions up smaller hills as well as longer mountain days up Scotland’s Munros (peaks over 3,00 feet).
We offer group events with set dates and locations (see website) as well as bespoke days tailored to your interests, location, fitness, and ambitions.
All walks are inclusive of anyone who identifies as a woman and we aim to provide a safe space and supportive space for women of all ages, sexualities, ethnicities, faiths, body shapes, levels of fitness, and backgrounds.
There are several reasons why women book with Skylark Guiding Ltd:
• Local knowledge: when going to an unfamiliar area, a guide can show you the best routes, avoid the tourist trails, and share their favourite spots as well as their knowledge of the mountain environment.
• You won’t get lost: your guide knows the area and is experienced at navigating in bad weather and poor visibility, so you don’t need to worry about getting lost.
• Build your confidence: if you’re new to hill walking or trail running, or are venturing somewhere new, a guided walk allows you to get an idea of your fitness and ability on different terrains.
• Ask lots of questions: your guide is happy to share their knowledge and experience of hill walking and running. From what kit to wear to where to go and how to stay safe.
• Meet other women: if you book on to a guided walk or trail run, you get to meet new people who are also looking for a guided experience.
• Feel supported: guided events are welcoming, inclusive and non-competitive. There is no pressure to be fast and no worries about holding anyone back.
• You can switch off: it can be so nice to not have to think about anything other than turning up and putting one foot in front of the other. Your guide will take care of the rest!
Please don't hesitate to email or call if you have any questions without. We're happy to help whether or not you end up booking with us.