The club was formed in the 1950's by local veterans of the 2nd World War, who designed and built the original course. All the maintenance and course development is still carried out by the members today. The course provides excellent views of the surrounding mountains including Ben Nevis and the Commando Memorial Monument that stands at the North side of the village. Turn right at the hotel in the centre of the village when heading North. Established early 1950's.