Built into the sandstone of the bridge itself in 1660, Dumfries' oldest house is now a museum of everyday life in the town.
Cross the 15th century Devorgilla Bridge to the Old Bridge House and see the family kitchen, nursery and bedroom of a Victorian home as they were in the 19th century. Pay a visit also to an early dentist’s surgery! The house served as an inn during the 18th century and may well have been visited by Robert Burns.
Old Bridge House is open Easter until 30th September ; Mon – Sat 10-5, Sun 2-5