17 - 24 April 2022 :: Drawing from the Land ~ an inspirational and dynamic drawing & painting all inclusive vacation based in North Uist, Lewis & Harris.
With guidance from local artist Ellis O’Connor we will be working with a variety of media on paper – including acrylic paints, charcoal, conte, water based inks and chalk pastels – to capture the wild beauty of the Outer Hebrides.
Visiting different locations on the isles of North Uist and Lewis & Harris, we will be working in the studio and outdoors exploring the various ways in which to approach mark making, using mixed mediums to create texture, detail and depth whilst learning many techniques of drawing and painting to capture the spirit of the surrounding environment.
Join us for an inspirational and dynamic week of drawing and painting in an extraordinary setting. Each day will involve going to iconic as well as less well know spots in the Outer Hebrides to work and gather inspiration from the vibrant landscapes, big skies and wild waters. Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in creativity and the natural elements in the Scottish islands!
This art holiday includes:
– 6 days of drawing and painting workshops with Ellis O’Connor in different locations
– 7 nights hotel accommodation (Cabarfeidh Hotel in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis & Hamersay House on North Uist)
– 7 full Scottish breakfasts
– Welcome drinks and 3-course welcome dinner on arrival night
– Refreshments and in-between nibbles on workshop days
– Minibus transport when travelling as a group while on the islands (from and to Stornoway)
– All workshop materials
– Studio hire fees
– And a member of the Wild at Art team will be with the group throughout to ensure guests are well looked after.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.