Drawing from the Land: An inspirational and dynamic drawing & painting all inclusive vacation based in North Uist and Lewis & Harris from 23rd-30th May 2021
With guidance from local artist Ellis O’Connor we will be working with a variety of media on paper – including acrylic paints, charcoal, conte, water based inks and chalk pastels – to capture the wild beauty of the Outer Hebrides.
Visiting different locations each day on the isles of North Uist and Lewis & Harris, we will be working in the studio and outdoors exploring the various ways in which to approach mark making, using mixed mediums to create texture, detail and depth whilst learning many techniques of drawing and painting to capture the spirit of the surrounding environment.
This art holiday includes:
– 6 days of drawing and painting workshops with Ellis O’Connor in different locations
– 7 nights hotel accommodation (Cabarfeidh Hotel in Stornoway, Isle of Lewis & Hamersay House on North Uist)
– 7 full Scottish breakfasts
– Welcome drinks and 3-course welcome dinner on arrival night
– Refreshments and in-between nibbles on workshop days
– Minibus transport when travelling as a group while on the islands (from and to Stornoway)
– All workshop materials
– Studio hire fees
– And a member of the Wild at Art team will be with the group throughout to ensure guests are well looked after.
An inspirational and dynamic week of drawing and painting in an extraordinary setting. #YCW2021