Wild at Art ~ Outlander Themed Art Experience
18 - 27 June 2022 :: Artist-led Outlander themed art experience set in wonderful Scottish locations featured in Outlander with artist Nicky Sanderson
There’s only one thing that’s better than a tour of Outlander filming locations in Scotland…our Outlander Art Experience! Join us on this 10-day Outlander-themed art, crafts and history tour of Scotland and really connect with the land where Jamie and Claire travelled through centuries and lived their love that knew no time nor borders.
With your sketchbook journal in hand, feel the creative flow as we visit Doune Castle (Castle Leoch), Culross (Cranesmuir), the Battlefield of Culloden, Jamie’s Printshop in Edinburgh and much, much more.
Drawing and painting facilitate contact with reality and create a strong bond with places – something that’s more difficult to experience during conventional travel. The stronger the emotion, the deeper it will be remembered in your mind. We work with watercolours, charcoal, graphite and other materials, and integrate treasures we find on our journey, such as oak leaves or feathers.
Further highlights of the tour are a kilt and tartan workshop with Rachel Hammerton from a Scottish kilt school and a herbalist session with Scottish herbalist Anna Canning. At the kilt workshop you’ll learn about tartan, kilts and traditional techniques in the art of kiltmaking. To enrich your creative time-travel experience further, the herbalist session in Culross (Cranesmuir) gives you the opportunity to learn about herbal remedies used by Claire and Geillis and how to make your own herbal balm.
A truly authentic experience from which you will leave inspired and refreshed!
- Artist-guided tour of Outlander filming locations (sketchbook journaling, variety of media)
- 9 nights in luxury accommodation (8 nights at Champany Inn in Linlithgow; 1 night at Glenmoriston Townhouse hotel in Inverness)
- 9 full Scottish breakfasts (different dietary requests catered for)
- Welcome three course evening meal at the Champany Inn, with coffee/tea and wine, on arrival night
- Storytelling session
- Farewell three course evening meal at the Champany Inn, with coffee/tea and wine, on the last night
- Half-day kilt and tartan workshop led by Scottish kilt school
- Herbal walk at Culross Palace Gardens followed by herbalist session, led by Scottish herbalist Anna Canning, including all materials
- Group transport (combination of minibus transport and public transport, in line with our Responsible Travel policy)
- Entry fees to most properties visited as part of the tour
- Custom-made sketchbook and some art materials
- Workshop venue hire
- Pre-travel information pack (by email)
- Wild at Art canvas bag for carrying art materials
- Some surprises!!
- A member of the Wild at Art team will accompany the group to ensure you’re well looked after
This art vacation starts and finishes in Linlithgow (20 mins from Edinburgh Airport).
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.