Woodfall is a wonderful, 3 acre, triple walled garden originally built in the 18th century. It lies hidden behind Glasserton Church and can only be accessed through a small arched door.
It has much to offer visitors:
· Fascinating history with the remains of the original bandstand and glasshouses still visible.
· Mature trees and shrubs including a handkerchief tree, foxglove trees, rhododendrons, stands of bamboo and old fruit trees some of which support magnificent climbing roses.
· Well stocked mixed borders and grass beds.
· A parterre interplanted with geraniums and campanulas
· Many varieties of fruit and vegetables.
This garden must be seen to be believed. Very few privately owned gardens have such a variety of both common and unusual plants.
This is a private garden but visitors are very welcome at most times. Please contact us first by telephone or email to arrange a mutually convenient time.
It is open by appointment only.