Since 1866 Hamilton & Inches has been Edinburgh’s premiere destination for fine jewellery, luxury watches and hand-crafted silver.
Founded by Robert Kirk Inches and his uncle James Hamilton in 1866, Hamilton & Inches (hamiltonandinches.com) continues today as Edinburgh’s premiere destination for fine jewellery, luxury watches and hand-crafted silver. The 155-year-old firm has been based at 87 George Street since 1952 and has maintained its own silver workshops since inception housing highly-skilled craftsman who curate contemporary pieces using traditional techniques.
The expert team comprises of a number of specialists in a variety of fields, including master polishers, silversmiths and engravers, all of whom have received their knowledge and skills from previous generations. Hamilton & Inches also houses some of the world’s finest watch and jewellery collections with partners including Patek Philippe and Rolex. Hamilton & Inches continues to offer a range of specialist in-house services including repairs, engravings and valuations.
Hamilton & Inches was first granted a Royal Warrant more than 120 years ago, appointed “His Majesty’s Clockmaker and Keeper and Dresser of His Majesty’s Clocks, Watches and Pendulums in Palaces and Houses in his Ancient Kingdom of Scotland.” Although the original title no longer remains, in 2010 Hamilton & Inches was appointed “Silversmiths and Clock Specialists to her Majesty The Queen.”