The four main regions: Campbeltown, Islay, Lowlands and the Highlands, this whisky tour will take you through the different regions of the country which are known to host the best distilleries. Here, you can visit the distillation chambers...
The four main regions:
Campbeltown, Islay, Lowlands and the Highlands, this whisky tour will take you through the different regions of the country which are known to host the best distilleries. Here, you can visit the distillation chambers. Speak with the whisky producers to learn interesting details about the region and the spirit. You can also take part in some guided whisky tasting, food and whisky pairing sessions and visit archaeological and/or historical sights, there are some Gems.
Day 1: Aberdeen or Inverness
Choose to base yourself in Aberdeen or Inverness, the two gateways to the best whisky trails. Private transfer to your choice of the following accommodations:
· Rocpool Reserve, a boutique hotel and restaurant offering you wonderful luxury in the heart of Inverness.
· Culloden House, an elegant, historic Georgian mansion offering high standard of service, cuisine and ambience.
Days 2-4: Speyside
2 days at leisure to enjoy a tailored whiskey trail just for you which could include any number of the following recommendations:
· Glenlivet Distillery in Banffshire with a complementary dram of the Glenlivet 12, 18-years old, or Nàdurra
· Cardhu Distillery - tour and tasting at the only whisky distiller pioneered by a woman
· Dufftown, where you’ll discover the spectacular Speyside Cooperage. Our tip: Witness the ancient art of creating whisky barrels and create your own mini-cask.
· Glenfiddich Distillery
· Glen Grant Distillery. Our tip: explore the beautiful Victorian Garden.
· Strathisla Distillery, the oldest operating distillery in the Highlands
· Glen Moray Distillery
· Benromach Distillery
· Dallas Dhu Historic Distillery
Day 5: Aberdeen or Inverness
· A last day to relax and unwind
· Private transfer to Airport
For the fully-detailed itinerary of this trip, including suggested accommodation and prices, please contact us directly.
We are the only archaeological tour company on the North - East Coast and is run by professional Archaeologists, who live and work here all year round and have an in-depth knowledge of the historical and archaeological sites, and of course, Whiskey and Gin Distilleries of the region. We specialize in half, one and two-five day tours which include excellent comfortable accommodation in the sleepy, magnificently picturesque village of Gardenstown on the North-East Coast of Scotland where land meets the sea, Historic Banffshire, Speyside, Inverness, and the Highlands and Islands.