My name is Sean McGlade. I am a retired teacher of Modern Languages with a passion for local history. Although originally from Ireland, I have been living in Glasgow for several years and have been intrigued by its rich but largely unknown past. I have compiled this series of walks which are journeys not just across terrain but also across time to share with you the story of a great city.
Glasgow Historic Walks was founded to explore the rich but often neglected historical heritage of the city. It will take you to places of interest in Glasgow and the surrounding area that exist in no tourist guide or walkbook and open your eyes to the extraordinary untold story of the place. We guarantee you will never see the city in quite the same light again!
• walks most days April – September
• reasonable prices (between £5 - £8pp)
• variety of distances/terrain to suit all abilities
• each walk is themed around local historical sites and
• all walks easily accessible by public transport