Scrambling in Glencoe is a popular activity for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers looking for a challenging adventure in the Scottish Highlands. This stunning area offers a range of scrambling routes, including the famous Aonach Eagach ridge.
An itinerary for scrambling in Glencoe typically involves a full day of challenging and exciting climbs on some of Scotland’s most famous ridges. After meeting with your qualified guide, you’ll begin with a safety briefing and gear check before heading out up your selected route.
You’ll navigate steep and exposed terrain using a mix of hiking and climbing skills, including the use of ropes and harnesses in some sections. The day will be interspersed with breaks for rest and to enjoy the stunning scenery of Glencoe. Overall, the itinerary offers a thrilling and unforgettable experience for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your Aonach Eagach Guided traverse:
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
- Warm layers
- If you have your own harness and helmet feel free but we can provide these if not.
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors who are members of AMI so you can rest assured they are recognised as amongst the best in the world.
- All technical equipment
From £200 per adult
January — December
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.