Loch Lomond & a Fairy Glen
Tour with walks. A boat trip to a former monastic island retreat, climb to a hilltop view of the islands of Loch Lomond and a walk through a verdant glen and under stately trees, ending the day with a ferry across the Firth of Clyde. From Glasgow.
- Ferry trip to Inchcailloch island on Loch Lomond, visiting atmospheric monastic ruins and then climb to a hill top for a view over Loch Lomond’s many islands. Walk Grading: Easy walk on paths with a steep, small hill to climb. Distance: 3kms. Height Gained: 94m
- Drive alongside Loch Lomond and over to the Arrochar ‘Alps’ with great photo opportunities of The Cobbler’s very rugged peak.
- Along the shores of Loch Fyne and Eck. 2 options to choose from:
- Either stroll around the impressive Ben More botanical gardens with its fine giant redwood avenue. Afternoon coffee. Extra cost £6.50 adults; £5.50 concessions; children free. Or just have coffee without entrance charge.
- OR Saunter up Puck’s glen which has a delightful, fairy-like quality. Grading: Moderate but care to be taken on path with some unprotected drops. Distance: 2.5kms. Height gained: 126m
- End the day crossing the Clyde on the Dunoon ferry and return to Glasgow.
Cost includes boat trip to island and ferry fare across the Clyde
Pickup: 09:30 Drop off: 19:00
This business has confirmed that they have implemented, and will ensure ongoing compliance with, the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels protocols. The Safe Travels stamp is based on self-assessment and it is not a certification.
Covid 19 Facilities
- Advance booking essential
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Capacity limit
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitiser available to visitors & staff
- Online booking only
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
Other tours from this company
Departs: Edinburgh - City Centre
A tour with walks. Walk the fine Fife coast passing through very picturesque se...
St Columba's World
Departs: Glasgow City Centre
Drive over the Arrochar Alps to Argyll's west coast to connect with the ancient...
Departs: Edinburgh - City Centre, Glasgow City Centre
A boat trip to an island, walks to waterfalls and up a glen and after tea anothe...
In the Shadow of St Columba
Departs: Stirling, Edinburgh - City Centre, Glasgow City Centre
A tour with walks tracing St Columba's journey to Iona. Visit Celtic chapels, st...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.