Royal Deeside Explorer 2024
Our new tour celebrates the diversity of the east coast of Scotland from royal life at stunning castle retreats to iconic waterfronts, from wildlife cruises to heritage transport!
DEPARTS - Tuesday 23 April & Tuesday 2 July 2024
- Visit Balmoral, the Scottish home of the Royal family
- Sample a wee dram at the Royal Lochnagar Distillery
- Discover the ‘Granite City’ of Aberdeen on a guided tour
- Enjoy dolphin spotting on a harbour cruise
- Meet Highland Cattle on a working farm visit
- Visit Crathes Castle, a classic Scottish tower house with glorious gardens
- Enjoy railway nostalgia at the Royal Deeside Railway
- Admire wonderful coastal scenery on the rail journey from Aberdeen to Dundee
- Visit Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre, Britain’s first military airfield
- Take a trip on the Caledonian Railway
- Stroll around Dundee’s redeveloped waterfront including the V&A Museum of Design
- Enjoy a guided tour of Glamis Castle, the childhood home of The Queen Mother
- Experience gin tasting in the picturesque village of Glamis
Also included in your Tour Fare:
- Dinner every evening
- Rail travel & seat reservations from your Home Station to Tour Base (Standard or First Class)
- Services of experienced Railtrail Tour Manager
- Hotel Porterage
From £1269 per adult
April — July
21 The Smithfield Centre
- Medium Group (17-30)
Tour company information
Welcome to Railtrail Tours An independent, family firm with an ethos of honesty and integrity. Our passion for delivering quality escorted holidays by rail at great value fares along with consistently excellent customer service has stood us in good stead for over 42 years. Big on Quality, Small Enough to Care!
Other tours from this company
The Orkney and Shetland Explorer 2023
Discover the peace, tranquility, and rich heritage of the beautiful islands of O...
Highland Adventure 2023
Our adventure filled short break combines the glorious West Highland rail route...
Queen of Scots 2023
A truly magical circular tour of the Highlands of Scotland, also taking in the m...
Scottish Steam, Malt and Ale Trail 2023
Build up a head of steam, uncovering Scotland's heritage from a different angle....
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.