Scotland's Far North, Shetland & Orkney 2024
A wonderful new tour that combines Scotland's Far North and the beauty of the Shetland and Orkney Isles. From the dramatic rugged coastlines and fascinating wildlife to the ancient history and unique blend of Scottish and Scandinavian culture.
DEPARTS - Wednesday 17 April & Wednesday 25 September 2024
- Take the fabulous Highland Line climbing through the Cairngorms
- Explore the Castle of Mey, the former royal residence of the Queen Mother
- Visit the Italian Chapel, Churchill Barriers, Skaill House and Skara Brae
- Tour idyllic Shetland Isle and discover its Viking past at Jarlshof
- See beautiful Shetland Ponies
- Discover rich archaeology and history
- Enjoy a photo-stop at John O’Groats
- Fantastic seascape coastline of the Far North
- Two night’s relaxing cruising with modern, en-suite cabins
Also included in your tour fare:
- Dinner every evening
- Rail travel & seat reservations from your Home Station to Tour Base (Standard or First Class)
- Services of experienced Railtrail Tour Manager
- Hotel Porterage
From £1399 per adult
May — May
21 The Smithfield Centre
- Medium Group (17-30)
Tour company information
Welcome to Railtrail Tours An independent, family firm with an ethos of honesty and integrity. Our passion for delivering quality escorted holidays by rail at great value fares along with consistently excellent customer service has stood us in good stead for over 42 years. Big on Quality, Small Enough to Care!
Other tours from this company
The Orkney and Shetland Explorer 2023
Discover the peace, tranquility, and rich heritage of the beautiful islands of O...
Highland Adventure 2023
Our adventure filled short break combines the glorious West Highland rail route...
Queen of Scots 2023
A truly magical circular tour of the Highlands of Scotland, also taking in the m...
Scottish Steam, Malt and Ale Trail 2023
Build up a head of steam, uncovering Scotland's heritage from a different angle....
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.