Drive over the Arrochar Alps to Argyll's west coast to connect with the ancient world that St Columba arrived in of mysterious burial cairns and standing stones and hear the legacy he left of a vibrant Celtic Church, Pick up in Glasgow
- Passing Dumbarton Rock, the isles of Loch Lomond and the Arrochar Alps, explaining the historical imporatnce in the age of the ancient Celtic Britons and Vikings
- Great photo opportunities of the Arrochar ‘Alps’ and sea lochs.
- St Columba’s cave and picnic lunch on the beach. Then onto view a ruined Celtic chapel with intricately sculptured stones.
- Climb to the summit of Dunnadd – ancient seat of the Scot’s Kingdom of Dalriada.Grading: Easy but short steep ascent. Distance: 1 km. Height gained: 58m
- Kilmartin Glen with its prehistoric cairns, standing stones and cup and ring markers.
- Late return to Glasgow
Bring your own packed lunch
Pickup: 09:15 Drop off: 19:00
In recognition that this business has confirmed that they have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
This business has confirmed that they have implemented, and will ensure ongoing compliance with, the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels protocols. The Safe Travels stamp is based on self-assessment and it is not a certification.
History, Wildlife, Castles, Walking/Hiking, Landscapes
Departs: Edinburgh - City Centre
A tour with walks. Walk the fine Fife coast passing through very picturesque se...
History, Walking/Hiking, Landscapes, Outdoor Activities
Departs: Glasgow City Centre
Tour with walks. A boat trip to a former monastic island retreat, climb to a hil...
History, Castles, Walking/Hiking, Landscapes
Departs: Edinburgh - City Centre, Glasgow City Centre
A boat trip to an island, walks to waterfalls and up a glen and after tea anothe...