The Grand Tour - Land's End to John O'Groats 2023
Travel coast to coast from Land's End to John O'Groats, including many of Britain's great scenic rail journeys along the way. Explore England, Scotland & Wales on a one off, once in a lifetime, grand rail tour of mainland Britain!
DEPARTS - Thursday 07 September 2023
- Relax in Falmouth, Cornwall
- Visit Land’s End & Cape Cornwall
- Marvel at the Welsh Highland Railway & the Ffestiniog Railway
- Enjoy the Llangollen Steam Railway & a Canal Cruise
- Unwind in the heart of the Scottish Highlands at Bridge of Orchy
- Steam across Glenfinnan Viaduct on the Jacobite Steam Train
- Take in the lovely scenery through the Great Glen alongside Loch Ness
- Stay at the original Railtrail Tours hotel, the Palace in Inverness
- Enjoy Sir Michael Palin’s original ‘Great Railway Journey’ on the Kyle Line
- Touch the top of the country at John O’Groats
Also included in your Tour Fare:
- Dinner every evening
- Rail travel & seat reservations from your Home Station to Tour Base (Standard or First Class)
- Services of experienced Railtrail Tour Manager
- Hotel Porterage
From £2589 per adult
August — September
21 The Smithfield Centre
- Medium Group (17-30)
Tour company information
Welcome to Railtrail Tours An independent, family firm with an ethos of honesty and integrity. Our passion for delivering quality escorted holidays by rail at great value fares along with consistently excellent customer service has stood us in good stead for over 42 years. Big on Quality, Small Enough to Care!
Other tours from this company
The Orkney and Shetland Explorer 2023
Discover the peace, tranquility, and rich heritage of the beautiful islands of O...
Highland Adventure 2023
Our adventure filled short break combines the glorious West Highland rail route...
Queen of Scots 2023
A truly magical circular tour of the Highlands of Scotland, also taking in the m...
Scottish Steam, Malt and Ale Trail 2023
Build up a head of steam, uncovering Scotland's heritage from a different angle....
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.