The Linn of Tummel is an area in Perthshire where the rivers Garry and Tummel meet.
Located adjacent to the National Trust for Scotland property of Killiecrankie, a walking path meanders through mixed woodlands and leads to the Linn of Tummel.
An obelisk commemorates a visit by Queen Victoria in 1844. At that time the Tummel made a plunge fall to join the Garry. The fall became the Linn, when the level of both rivers was raised in 1950 by the creation of Loch Faskally in a hydro-electric scheme.
Beside the Linn is a very early example of a fish-pass which previously had enabled salmon to bypass the falls.
Linn of Tummel is 2.5m NW of Pitlochry
Elizabeth Yule local service, Pitlochry to Garry Bridge; (01796) 472290
On Pitlochry footpath network, Killiecrankie walk (111/2m), starting at Pitlochry