Edinburgh's largest and most reliable taxi company. 465 wheelchair accessible taxis with full CarbonNeutral accreditation. Airport transfers, Taxi Tours and Wedding Cars also available.
CENTRAL TAXIS is a co-operative association of local drivers established in 1968 by 33 founding members whose vision was to offer the highest standard of service to the people of Edinburgh.
The Company has grown to become the premier taxi operator in Edinburgh, carrying over 4 million passengers each year.
With c.40% of Edinburgh’s total taxi fleet now in Central Taxis livery, we offer wheelchair accessible, safe and reliable taxi services to the general public and city visitors alike and we are the transport partner of choice to many of the highest profile public and private sector organisations in the capital.
Our aim is to provide our customers with a taxi on time, every time.
Edinburgh’s Largest and Most Professional Fleet
With 465 wheelchair accessible vehicles, made up of 50% iconic London Hackney Cabs and 50% six seater taxis, the scale of our fleet means greater availability and less waiting time for you.
• The average age of our vehicles is among the youngest in the UK, meaning our vehicles are more reliable less exposed to breakdown risks
• All our vehicles also have access to the Greenways leading to quicker and cheaper journeys
• We were Scotland’s first taxi company with Carbon Neutral certification
• In 2015 we were presented “Sustainable Development” award by Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce and we were former winners of the Scottish Green Apple Award in the Service Industry category in 2012
There are over 1100 fully qualified, licensed and regulated drivers operating Central Taxi’s fleet. In addition to passing a topographical test (The Knowledge) all our drivers must have the following certifications in order to be part of the Company:
• Enhanced Disclosure Scotland
• Childcare Certification
• PVG (People in Vulnerable Groups) Scheme Certification
In addition our drivers all complete modules in:
• Wheelchair Access and Disability Awareness
• First Aid Assistance
• Customer Care
• Road Safety and Conflict Handling
To ensure that we are easily recognised by our customers for their security and convenience, all our drivers wear Central Taxis branded uniforms and City of Edinburgh Licensing identification.
Our Booking Facilities
• Our Contact Centre operates 24/7 and 365 days a year
• Customers are able to book via phone or they can also book online
• Our mobile booking app is available for iPhone and Android devices