CORONAVIRUS GUIDANCE – BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
. Coronavirus is a known risk. When government rules allow travel it means we have to protect ourselves, not only physically, but with our travel plans.
WE WILL COVER YOU
in the event that lockdown changes in any part of the UK that will stop you coming, you will be offered a change of date (subject to any upwards price change), a credit, or a refund minus a £25 admin charge. Please understand that this offer is based on the rules at the time and not on if you ‘think’ the rules will change.
YOU SHOULD TAKE PRACTICAL STEPS
to cover yourself for the likes of illness etc. by adding the optional Booking Protect insurance offered during the booking process - or - the Post Office are providing
TRAVEL INSURANCE WITH COVID-19 COVER
. Click on link for a quote. Book your holiday and come and enjoy Argyll.
1 bedroom ● Sleep 2+2 ● Dog Welcome ● Minimum 2 night stay
WELCOME TO THE JOINER'S SHOP
The Water Mill, built in 1905 to service the grain on what was the Glendaruel Estate, and subsequently used as a Saw Mill, has been tastefully converted over the years while still retaining its character. Now used as a quality B&B and two self catering options: The Saw Mill and The Joiner's Shop.
The property sits within a beautiful secluded garden, complete with the original Mill Pond and streams that generated the power to service the mill. The Water Mill offers a truly chill-out and deeply peaceful break.
The Joiner's Shop offers a one bedroom self cater option. Being on the ground floor and with it's own access, it is ideal for a single traveller or couple bringing their dog.
Bedroom and bathroom
- Bedroom: Twin beds with electric blankets
- Extra guests: Double bed-settee in the lounge for children or adults
- Please note it is open plan between the bedroom and the lounge
- Shower room
- No Wi-Fi or mobile phone signal is available
- Ground floor property
- Private entrance
- Open plan lounge and kitchen with dining area
- Kitchen – 4 ring hob and microwave, fridge freezer
- TV with Sky
- Bed linen, towels and dish towels provided
- Central heating and electric fire
- Toiletries, tea coffee and biscuits
- Wi-fi in the lounge of the adjacent Water Mill
- Parking for 1
- No smoking please
One pet welcome free of charge
- Finding the Joiner's Shop: We make it easy. A detailed map and directions will be emailed on receipt of the final payment
- Entry: You collect the keys at the adjoining Water Mill.
- Arrival & departure: From 4pm on arrival until 10am on departure
- Shopping: Grocery store in the village of Tighnabruaich. Nearest supermarket is in Dunoon.
- Travel & Ferry information: An easy and fun way to arrive is via the frequent 20 minute Western Ferries trip from Gourock to Hunters Quay. Just turn up, no need to book. You can buy your ticket on board, but there is a real saving to be made if you stop before getting to the ferry at a newsagents on Shore Street called Pauls Food and Wine. From Hunters Quay it is a one hour scenic drive (22 miles) to Tighnabruaich. Alternatively it is a scenic drive via the shores of Loch Lomond and over the Rest-and-be-Thankful viewpoint to arrive via the north of Cowal.