The beautiful historic village of Cardross is located on the north side of the Firth of Clyde to the west of Glasgow.
The settlement of Cardross developed around a 17th century church. Today no remains of the original church can be found but the Graveyard is still in use and contains several 17th century gravestones.
Historically interesting features of the village include the ruins of Cardross Castle, which was built in 1329. It is believed King Robert the Bruce died in this medieval royal residence from leprosy.
Built in 1966 as a Catholic College but closed in 1980, St Peter’s Seminary is one of Scotland’s most important buildings from the 20th century.
Cardross Golf Course is an undulating parkland course with spectacular views over the River Clyde. There are also a number of beautiful walled gardens such as those found at Geilston House and Ardardan Estate.