With wild, windswept beaches, soaring mountains, roaring fires, and some of the world's best fine-dining, a visit to Scotland truly is a romantic experience. Fall in love with our expert guide to some of the most romantic hotels in Scotland.
Luxury Romantic Hotels in Scotland
Looking for the ultimate romantic hotel in the UK? From the seclusion of the remote west Highlands to one of Scotland's most famous foodie destinations, here's our pick of some of Scotland's best romantic boutique hotels.
- The Torridon Hotel, West Highlands - a luxury retreat in an old hunting lodge beneath towering mountains, The Torridon Hotel offers up romance in the most dramatic of locations. With its own herd of gorgeous highland coos, opulently furnished rooms complete with clawfoot baths, the Torridon also has a 3 AA rosette dining room and an award-winning whisky bar with over 350 drams to try.
- The Fife Arms, Braemar - in the heart of the Cairngorms is The Fife Arms, a dramatic re-imagined coaching inn in the gorgeous village of Braemar. Vibrantly decorated and stuffed full of quirky art and Scottish antiques - climb into your own four poster bed in a Royal Suite or splash out for the Artist Studio with its cute cabin bed and mountain views.
- Fonab Castle Hotel & Spa, Pitlochry - looking for a romantic lochside hotel in Scotland? Nestled on the idyllic banks of Loch Faskally, Fonab Castle Hotel & Spa offers a unique luxury experience. With breathtaking views of Ben Vrackie, and in close walking distance to the historic town of Pitlochry, there's plenty to do on your romantic break. Why not sample the hotel restaurants' exquisite 7 course tasting menu, relax together in the luxurious spa or enjoy breakfast overlooking the water in one of Fonab's private dining pods?
- Fingal, Edinburgh - celebrate the romance of the seas on Fingal, a luxury hotel boat moored in Edinburgh's trendy Leith. Built to service Scotland's lighthouses, Fingal is now owned by the Royal Yacht Britannia team and offers accommodation in 23 luxury cabins including a stunning suite with its own private deck for sundowner cocktails.
- Kinloch Lodge, Sutherland - fancy living like a laird? Kinloch Lodge in Sutherland was once the hunting estate of the Duke of Sutherland and now offers understated luxury in one of the most remote parts of Scotland. With a mix of contemporary Scottish and Nordic style, get lost in the wilderness outside your door, before returning to curl up beside the hotel's roaring fire. Bliss.