Perhaps you've been dreaming of eloping to Glencoe, saying your vows in a luxury hotel in Stirling, or a medieval castle in the Highlands. Or maybe you picture a more relaxed wedding, dancing barefoot outside a yurt in a the Scottish glencountryside.
If you are planning your wedding in Scotland, we have some of the best wedding venues in the UK. From grand stately homes to rustic barns, here's our selection of some of the top wedding venues in Scotland.
Budget and Cheap Wedding Venues in Scotland
Looking for a budget wedding venue in Scotland? You're in luck! Thanks to Scottish law, your wedding ceremony can take place almost anywhere, so why not choose an outdoor wedding venue?
If you fancy self-catering your wedding, why not book a village hall, such as Killearn Hall near Stirling, or get married on the beach and then have your wedding breakfast in the beautiful hall at Tyninghame in East Lothian?
Find out how to get a wedding licence for a venue and hire an officiant with our guide to Scottish weddings.
Luxury Wedding Venues in Scotland
Thinking of splashing out on your wedding day and looking for luxury venues in Scotland? Here are some options:
- Archerfield House - offering exclusive-use accommodation, Archerfield House is a dramatic mansion complete with a gorgeous spa. Tie the knot overlooking stunning views of the East Lothian coast.
- Mar Hall - a grand 19th gothic mansion set in a 200-acre wooded estate on the banks of the River Clyde, Mar Hall hosts weddings in its 60ft 'Grand Hall'. With 52 bedrooms on-site, there's lots of space for all of your guests.
- Branxholm Park - deep in the Scottish Borders is Branxholm Park, a beautiful Victorian country house set in idyllic surroundings with luxury accommodation and a spa.
Small Wedding Venues in Scotland
Prefer a small and intimate venue for your wedding, or maybe you're looking to elope? Weddings don't need to be a huge event, so here's our choice of unique small wedding venues in Scotland.
- Gretna Green - get hitched at Scotland's most famous wedding venue. Choose from three wedding venues within the Famous Blacksmiths Shop which can hold wedding parties with less than 10 up to 100 guests in total.
- The Edinburgh Grand - in the heart of Edinburgh, The Edinburgh Grand hosts exclusive small weddings in its duplex Penthouse and gorgeous Director's Suite.
- Get married at Edinburgh Castle - with a maximum of 30 guests, St Margaret's Chapel at Edinburgh Castle is perfect for a small wedding venue.
- Mountain Bothy @ Schiehallion - fancy getting married in a Bothy halfway up a mountain? Well, you can with Highland Safaris in Perthshire. Don't worry, your guests will be transported up the mountain in 4x4s - there's no need to walk!
Alternative and Rustic Wedding Venues in Scotland
Looking for off-grid and alternative wedding venues in Scotland? Choose one of these rustic venues and get married in a forest or even a greenhouse!
- Marthrown of Mabie - deep in Mabie Forest outside of Dumfries is Marthrown of Mabie. Get married in a roundhouse or teepee in the woods and stay the night in a yurt.
- Secret Herb Garden - a garden centre like no other, the gorgeous Secret Herb Garden near Edinburgh offers weddings in its glasshouse, along with fine dining in a retro environment.
- Cambo Estate - hidden between the North Sea coastline and East Neuk countryside, lies the 13th century Cambo Estate. Featuring the Victorian splendour of Cambo House and a mix of stunning indoor and outdoor spaces at its heart, this is a world-class venue for a three-night destination wedding.
Byre and Barn Wedding Venues
Byres, barns and farm weddings offer a truly romantic spot to get married in Scotland. String up the fairy lights, arrange the hay bales and don't forget your wellies!
- Comrie Croft - deep in the Perthshire hills is Comrie Croft, by day a campsite, by night a brilliant wedding venue. Get married out in the woods and party all night in the croft's pretty byre.
- Fruin Farm - with an emphasis on local produce, Fruin Farm offers barn weddings for up to 60 guests near Loch Lomond.
- Barnquee at Myres Castle - fancy getting married in a barnquee? At Myres Castle you can do just that - their barn/marquee seats up to 160 guests.
Quirky and Unique Wedding Venues
Fancy something quirky for your Scottish wedding? There are so many unusual wedding venues in Scotland - it will be hard to choose! Why not get married on a boat or a train? Fingal offers weddings on a refurbished lighthouse board ship, or, get married on the Strathspey Railway in the Cairngorms.