The farmhouse is a semi-detached property on two levels. Although it can sleep up to 10 people, it is also suited to accommodate smaller parties. There are two double bedrooms, two twin bedrooms and one of the lounges can be converted into a bedroom if required.
Facilities on offer include:
- Free WI-FI access
- A welcome hamper with samples of Orkney produce
- Large comfortable sitting room which is light and airy in summer and yet cosy and warm in the winter. For your entertainment, there is a widescreen TV and DVD player.
- Large kitchen, well equipped with modern appliances. Includes a large Stanley range oven, built-in fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave conventional oven, gas hob and electric oven, electric mixer and coffee maker. Also washing machine and tumble drier.
- The master bedroom is on the ground floor and has a large en-suite bathroom with shower over bath. TV also included.
- The double bedroom and two twin bedrooms are on the first floor. These are well proportioned rooms with built in wardrobes and tvs.
- There are two family bathrooms, one on each floor. Why not relax from a long day exploring Orkney, in the luxurious spa bath. Or if you prefer, there is a separate showering area. The bathrooms have ample storage facilities for towels and toiletries and also have heated towel rails.
- Large garden area, with seating area provided. Separate drying area.
- There is a large selection of DVDs, Orkney books and local information. Binoculars, maps and guides are also available.
We do not accept dogs at this property, however we can accomodate dogs in our other cottages..
Visit our website for more information.
The Riff Cottage is centrally located within 20-30 minutes journey from the archaeological sites and main towns.
Skara Brae, Maes Howe, Standing Stones of Stenness, Ness of Brodgar are all located within 20 minutes’ drive.
In Kirkwall, there are main local shops and attractions, including St. Magnus cathedral, Earls Palace, Highland Park and Scapa Distillery
If you are interested in wildlife, why not visit one of the 13 RSPB reserves in Orkney or take part in one of Orkney’s nature events