This delightful 19th Century gate lodge was at one time the estate schoolhouse, which might account for the unusually ornate slatework on the roof, which makes it look a little like a gingerbread house!
Good walks can be had from the door, especially down onto Powillimount beach just 500 metres away. It sits at the end of the West Avenue leading from Arbigland House where it meets the lane running down to the sea at Powillimount.
Features of West Lodge holiday cottage
West Lodge is a comfortable cottage with two double/twin bedrooms with bathroom/shower room and lavatory, all on the ground floor .
There is a large open plan living area with a woodburning stove and door leading from the kitchen area out to the garden where you can enjoy a BBQ watching the sun set behind Criffel. As you would expect it has every mod con and includes bed linen, heating, electricity etc.
It has a lovely (fenced) cottage garden, which boasts two palm trees! With woods, hedges and fields all around the birdsong here is a rich orchestral symphony.
- A large enclosed garden,
- 2 double/twin bedrooms with hotel grade beds,
- 1 bathroom/shower room (downstairs),
- an open plan living room/kitchen/dining area with a log burning stove (initial supply of logs included)
- a well equipped kitchen with electric stove, family sized fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave etc.
- bedlinen but not towels
- oil fired central heating (7 hours per day included Oct-April)
- tv/dvd, books, puzzles & games
- outside shed with barbecue and garden furniture
- a large enclosed garden and off road parking for 2 cars.
|West Lodge||£600 Per unit per week|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.