The West Lodge was recently re-built to form a spacious self-catering property, adjoining the West Gate of the castle grounds.
The original fabric of the building, which dates from around 1820, has been retained while a contemporary element has now been added. It has been finished to the highest standard of comfort and includes Canadian pitch pine floorboards and locally-quarried flagstones throughout. Free WiFi is available.
The oldest part of the building now forms a double-height kitchen and sitting room area with original wooden beams, an oversized stone fireplace and wood-fired stove. A glazed sun-room looks across surrounding lawns and leads to the newly-created bedroom wing. Sleeps six: two king size double rooms; one twin room; three modern, stylishly appointed bathrooms.