Colliston Park in Dalbeattie is great for strolling or enjoying a picnic overlooking the boating pond.
The park was gifted to the town of Dalbeattie by Miss Copland of Colliston over 100 years ago and the local community devoted energy and enthusiasm to transform the rough boulder-strewn ground into the attractive, well equipped and well arranged park that it is today.
Features include the boating pond, the iron latticework bridge and the bandstand ingeniously constructed with gas light columns from Glasgow. The park was officially opened in 1908.
The war memorial topped by the Lion Rampant of Galloway was erected in 1921 and is a fine example of the local grey granite.