Borders Literary Tour
Get to know the romance and mystery of Borders literature with this driver led tour. Travel to sites associated with Borders writers, with a lot of tales along the way. The tour also celebrates the booming indie bookshop scene in the region.
- Travel to locations associated with great Borders writers - from Walter Scott, John Buchan and James Hogg to contemporaries such as Mary W Craig, Rona Munro and Alistair Moffat, Director of The Borders Book Festival.
- Enjoy retellings of Borders folk stories including Thomas The Rhymer, Tam Linn, Muckle Moothed Meg and many more.
- Your driver (@tweedvalleyblogger) is a Borders native who is steeped in the legends and culture of the area. Expect spooky tales, historical nuggets and lots of laughs.
- We will visit some of the regions finest indie bookshops, celebrating a booming scene and giving you a chance to stock up on Borders classics.
- This tour costs £375 for groups of up to 4, however a small surcharge may be added for any pickups out with The Borders, and entry to Abbotsford House is recommended. This to be agreed upfront, per our Terms and Conditions.
- Driver guide
- Ghosts and Supernatural
Tour company information
I am Stewart Wilson (AKA Tweed Valley Blogger), a Scottish Borders based tour guide, sharing my passion for Scotland's history, culture and stories. I have lived in the stunning Scottish Borders my whole life and want to let you in on some of Scotland's best kept secrets! I offer private, tailored day tours for small groups with a focus on The Borders, however I also work throughout Scotland and am fully flexible to your requirements to ensure you have the best experience.
Other tours from this company
Bespoke Borders Tour
Departs: Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, The Scottish Borders, Edinburgh & The Lothians, The Kingdom of...
Discover the Scottish Borders, and beyond, with a bespoke tour with TVB Tours AK...
Borders Half Day Tour
Departs: Galashiels, Edinburgh
A perfect intro to The Borders, this exciting half day tour brings the region to...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.