Loch Ness and Glen Affric One Day Private Tour from Inverness
Loch Ness and Glen Affric One Day Private Tour from Inverness available all year round. The price is £595 for up to 6 people between May and October or off-peak it is £495 for up to 6 people between November and April.
Click here to book this private tour now.Your Tour Itinerary:
We will collect you from your overnight accommodation at 9.15am.
Loch Ness – enjoy the drive down towards Drumnadrochit, taking in some of the most majestic views of Loch Ness. When we arrive, you have the option of either one of the following:
- Loch Ness Exhibition Centre (optional) – tour the exhibition, and uncover the story behind Nessie. Learn the secrets of the Loch that is larger in volume than all the lakes in England and Wales combined. There is an admission fee of £7.95.
- Cruise Loch Ness (optional) – take a one hour cruise out onto Loch Ness. Search the depths of this magnificent stretch of water on the sonar equipment on board. The price of the one hour cruise is £14.00.
Corrimony Chambered Cairn – visit this ancient Cairn, a sister Cairn to those at Clava, except this one has chambers…
Glen Affric – Tour end to end through one of the most magnificent Glens in Scotland.
Urquhart Castle – walk around these beautiful ruins on the banks of Loch Ness. There are many pathways to explore. There is a superb cafe and gift shop here too. There is an admission fee of £9.00.
Fort Augustus – visit this picturesque Highland village on the southern tip of Loch Ness. In the early 17th century, the village became known by the name of the fort built by General Wade, Fort Augustus, named after the second son of King George. Augustus, the Duke of Cumberland, became infamous in the Highlands as ‘Butcher Cumberland’ owing to the many atrocities inflicted on the Highland population by his orders. While there, you will:
- See the 5 locks – Running through the village is the River Oich and the impressive 60 mile long Caledonian Canal and lock system, built by Thomas Telford in the early 1800s. The Caledonian Canal stretches from Fort William to Inverness, and is linked by a series of natural lochs. Here in Fort Augustus is a flight of 5 locks from the top of the canal in Fort Augustus down into Loch Ness.
- Visit the Clansman Centre, where you can see Scottish Armoury and a living 17th Century Museum, combined with a wonderful Celtic gift and craft shop.
General Wade’s Road – on route back to Inverness, driving along the other side of Loch Ness, be prepared for some of the most beautiful and expansive scenery you’ll see in Scotland.
Loch Ness... our final stop of the day will be at a small village on the banks of Loch Ness where you'll have your photos taken by Andy at one of the most iconic monuments to the famous Loch.
You’ll arrive back in Inverness at approximately 6.00pm.Why are our tours so different?
Professional Photographs of your Tour: Throughout the tour Andy will take professional quality photographs of you in each location (only with your permission of course), and we will e-mail you a complete photographic record of your tour within two weeks. Here is a link to photos of recent Outlander clients who have kindly given us permission to share them.
We also offer a Celtic Handfasting Ceremony to couples who wish to renew their wedding vows whilst on tour with us.
Two very passionate Tour Guides: We are Andrew and Diane Nicholson, husband and wife team, and we are passionate about this beautiful country, its remarkable history, and sharing it with you.
If you feel a deep connection with Scotland, then this tour is for you. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy this magnificent country in comfort…Your Private Loch Ness and Glen Affric Tour includes:
- Transport and Tour Guiding to the above locations either in our very comfortable all-wheel-drive, air-conditioned Subaru Outback (1-2 people) or our equally comfortable and air-conditioned Mercedes minibus (3-6 people).
- Collection from your hotel or B&B in the morning, and drop off at a location of your choice (within reasonable distance) at approximately 6.00pm.
- Professional quality photographic record of your complete tour.
Not included: Your travel to Inverness, admission fees, meals and overnight accommodation are not included. There are low cost direct flights from many UK and overseas airports to here in Inverness.
Meals are not included in your tour. We provide a large flask of hot water, along with coffee and a selection of teas in the car as light refreshments. We also provide a large cool bag and cold bottled water. As your Tour Guides, we will bring our own food and refreshments, leaving you free to decide whether you’d like to enjoy a sit-down lunch at one of the locations, or whether you’d like us to take you to a supermarket to purchase a packed lunch to eat later in the day. We will store your packed lunch in the large cool bag until required. You can let us know when we collect you which lunch option you’d prefer for the day, and we will be happy to accommodate you.
From £495 per adult
January — December
Tour company information
Outlander: The Past Lives Experience
Walk in the footsteps of Jamie and Claire, and embark upon an Outlander Tour with a difference! Visit the filming locations around Edinburgh and the book locations around Culloden and Inverness. Then travel ‘Over the Sea to Skye’… Enjoy all of this, and take a journey back through time to explore your own Past Lives too (optional). Regular Scheduled Tours and Private Tours on dates to suit you. Included: Professional quality photographic record of your entire tour, guide wears the full Jacobite Kilt as worn in the 1745 uprising, Jacobite Weapons demonstration, two guides on every tour.
Other tours from this company
Isle of Skye One Day Private Tour from Inverness
Isle of Skye Private One Day Tour: For up to two people – £495, for three to six...
Outlander One, Two or Three Day Private Tour from Inver...
Outlander One, Two and/or Three Day Private Tour from Inverness. Can be booked a...
Torridon, Applecross and Eilean Donan Castle One Day Pr...
Torridon, Applecross and Eilean Donan Castle One Day Private Tour from Inverness...
Outlander Seven Day Tours departing from near Edinburgh
Departs: Dunfermline, Edinburgh
Visit the Outlander filming locations near Edinburgh, journey up to the beautifu...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.