4-Star Morning tour around Noss National Nature Reserve & Bressay with live underwater viewing. This is a 3-hour tour operating daily from Victoria Pier in Lerwick, Shetland at 10am - departure approx 15 mins later. Tours run from April to October
Come and join us for The ultimate Shetland wildlife boat experience with Shetland’s 4-Star tour Seabirds-and-Seals. Join us and find out for yourselves why we have the boat of choice for all major film crews, groups, photographers & families & why we are TripAdvisor 2020 Traveller's Choice.
• We are the Original & Best Noss Boat wildlife tour - we give you a full tour around Bressay & Noss, the views along the way are amazing, you will marvel at the stupendous cliffs, coves, caves and we also sail you through the magnificent Giant's Leg. The scenic views/geology along the way is absolutely amazing.
• We take fish on our tours to allow you to get spectacular shots of the incredible gannet diving feeding frenzy - popular with film crews nationwide & tour groups.
• You will see one of Britain’s very finest wildlife spectacles, the sight of over 25,000 northern gannets lining the towering sandstone cliffs of Noss – we get you real close to give you the opportunity to make eye-to-eye contact with the beautiful blue-eyed gannets. The stupendous roar of the Noss ‘choir’ is a sound you’ll never forget.
• You will be guided by highly experienced skipper Brian & your knowledgable guide Marie, who provides live commentary given throughout the tour - she has so much information to share and welcomes any questions you may have.
•Along the way we have many stories to share about Lerwick’s beautiful harbour, Bressay lighthouse, Orkneyman’s Cave, the Giant’s leg and so much to share about these iconic landmarks on Shetland and you will be fascinated about the striking geology along the fascinating coastline of Bressay & Noss. You will be surrounded by thousands of seabirds, from atlantic puffin, razorbill and common guillemot, to black guillemot, great skua, kittiwake & shag. We have so much knowledge & stories to share along the way and suited for all ages.
• When sea conditions allows we take you into the beautiful Orkneyman's cave and if that happens to be our underwater camera dive site for that day we sometimes see plankton, starfish, crabs, sea urchins, sea anemones, soft corals, jellyfish and Shetland's underwater forest of kelp. If we use our other dive site you will get to see the wreck of a barge called the Girdleness that sank in WW II, where again you will get to see crabs, starfish, brittle stars, very colourful sun stars, sea anemones, light bulbs and the occassional curious seal that has been known to try and steal our ROV camera. If sea conditions allows we will sail you through the magnificent Giant's Leg Archway - which is always a WOW with our guests.
• You’ll encounter very close Grey Seals, who are always on the lookout for a free meal and like to follow all the local fishing boats as they pass through the Lerwick harbour and they usually follow our tour as we make our way through the harbour.
• We are always on the lookout for whales too. There has been an ever increasing sightings of Orcas in our Shetland Waters. We certainly hope to be able to shout out ‘whale’ during your Noss boat tour, but make no false promises. Certainly if they are in the area, you could be on no better boat than Seabird.
• Our boat Seabird is a 13.5 metre twin engine catamaran - very stable boat being twin-hulled. We have an extremely large viewing platform for panoramic viewing & photography. Ample room on deck for all 12 passengers to move around freely and there is seating/table inside that can also sit up to 12 passengers, this is the max we are licensed to take.
• We stop off in a little bay for refreshments – tea/coffee/juice/biscuits and this year we are pleased to say that we have gluten free options available after feedback from some of our guests with dietary requirements.
• We have a fully accessible toilet on deck level – which is always a must when out at sea and especially after those welcome cups of tea/coffee/juice.
• We provide binoculars, identification charts for all during the tour and we have an information library in the saloon area.
• For our younger sailors, we have an activity to keep them entertained during the tour - all entries will be put into a prize draw at the end of our season.Skipper Brian has a task also for our younger sailor's and if task completed - a certificate will be awarded at the end of the tour. All young sailors receive a wildlife activity pack on our tours.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard Seabird. Come & see why we offer the best boat, the best views, the best wildlife experience, the best guides & of course, the very best value for money as we OFFER SO MUCH on our tours. This is what makes the difference on our daily Bressay & Noss Tours - highlight of your stay in Shetland.
To avoid disappointment during our busiest times, please do book in advance either via our website booking system: https://www.seabirds-and-seals.com/book-online OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR phone (+44)7595540224 or through the Lerwick Tourist Office(+44)1595 693434.
You will find parking available at Victoria Pier Car Park right next to the slipway we depart from & just opposite Lerwick Tourist Office.
Any questions, please just call Marie or Brian on the number above.
Please check out our website www.seabirds-and-seals.com to find out why we are the best boat, best guides, best wildlife experience and without a doubt the best value for money.
*Booking strongly advised for this very popular excursion*
In recognition that this business has confirmed that they have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
Seabirds-and-Seals offers you the ultimate wildlife experience with their daily 4-Star 3-hour trips around Bressay & Noss National Nature Reserve. You will get to enjoy Shetland’s abundant Seabirds & Seals and the views are awesome, giving you photographic opportunities with the awesome Noss cliffs in the background. You won’t believe how close we’ll take you to the 25,000 gannets, thousands of guillemots and hundreds of puffins, razorbills, black guillemots, gulls, shags and skuas. We sometimes(No False Promises) meet porpoises, occasionally whales, otters and dolphins.
Photography, Wildlife, Family, Adventure
Departs: Lerwick, Mainland, Shetland, Shetland
The ultimate Shetland wildlife boat experience with 4-Star Seabirds-and-Seals N...
Photography, Wildlife, Family
Departs: Lerwick, Mainland, Shetland, Shetland
Afternoon tour around Noss National Nature Reserve & Bressay with live underwate...