Tyninghame village was burned by the Danes in AD 941, and demolished in 1761 to make room for a bigger garden for Tyninghame House.
The village was rebuilt half a mile away, south west and out of sight of Tyninghame house, and now lies at the end of the B1047 from East Linton.
There is a hidden cafe in Tyninghame which is a great place to visit for lunch or to sit outside in the lovely garden which acts as a suntrap.
The saltmarshes of John Muir Country Park at Tyninghame Bay attract wintering and migratory birds.
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.