Many of the businesses listed on our website include different information on accessibility. There are filters within our business search - so you can see only businesses that have (for example) level access or support British Sign Language.
What is an accessibility guide?
This is a detailed breakdown of facts and figures information on what visiting this venue will be like - it covers access to the building, access inside such as lifts and stairs, and what staff support is available.
We offer access to two different access guides where available:
- AccessAble detailed access guides
- Accessibility guides created by the businesses themselves (example)
Accessibility guides are updated regularly so you can have the information you need before you visit.
How can I use the accessibility guides?
We're working with partners to create more accessibility guides for businesses across Scotland.
- Search for the type of business you want
- Within the filters, look under facilities and select accessibility
- Select access guides
- You'll see all of the businesses with an access guide in the search results
- Find the individual business you want to visit
- Under contact details and opening hours, you'll find the Access Guide if one exists
- Click on the guide to open it and find the full information