If you’re coming to Scotland in winter and you’re keen to hit the slopes, then there’s a good chance you’ll need a place to rest your head for a night or two.
You’re in luck - each of Scotland's five mountain ski resorts has a great selection of accommodation nearby if you're planning a short break, holiday or simply want to extend a day trip due to great snow conditions. Good, eh?
Choose your preferred ski resort below for details of where to stay locally.
- Coylumbridge Hotel, Aviemore - for an unforgettable ski holiday in Scotland, make sure to book a stay at the Coylumbridge Hotel. With the Cairngorms National Park right on your doorstep, you will be spoilt for choice with things to do. From skiing, cycling and walking trails, get ready to fill your days with endless amounts of fun and adventure!
- MacDonald Aviemore Hotel - it may be cold outside, but the MacDonald Aviemore Hotel will be sure to warm your heart during the winter months. After a day out on the slopes, relax and unwind in their newly refurbished rooms - they even have extra storage space to put your skis away. In the evening, you'll be in foodie heaven with a range of bars and restaurants located within the resort.
- The Newton Hotel, Nairn - situated in one of the sunniest spots in Scotland, there are plenty of things to smile about when you book a stay here. Wake up to glorious views over the Moray Firth or tuck into some delicious comfort food in the Chaplin's Restaurant, with lots of beef and seafood specialities to choose from. If you fancy a day or two away from the slopes, take a boat trip along the Moray Firth for a day of dolphin spotting.
- The Crianlarich Hotel - there's nothing better than snapping up on a good hotel deal. With the exclusive Glencoe Ski Deal, you will be offered a one-night stay and a fully cooked breakfast or packed lunch to fuel your day. If you're arriving at Crianlarich by train let the staff know and someone will be on hand to courier your skis straight to your room.
- Rowan Tree Country Hotel & Restaurant, Aviemore - escape the cold for some much-needed TLC at Rowan Tree Country Hotel & Restaurant. With a great range of comfortable guest rooms to choose from and the chance to sample delicious Scottish cuisine at their very own restaurant, it's the perfect base for the ultimate skiing holiday, with the Cairngorm Mountain, The Lecht and The Nevis Range just a short distance away.
Ski Chalets, Lodges & Cottages
- Pine Bank Chalets, Aviemore - if you're looking for a short ski break in Scotland then make sure to book a stay at Pine Bank Chalets. Make yourself right at home in its comfortable and cosy surroundings. Fancy a quiet day indoors? Show your competitive side by borrowing some classic board games from reception, or get into shape with the accommodation's gym and fitness area.
- Beechwood Cottage B&B, Glencoe - receive a warm Highland welcome on your next ski holiday with Beechwood Cottage B&B. Start your day off right with a fully cooked breakfast as you admire the beautiful Scottish landscape. Ready for a challenge? Climb the world's highest indoor ice wall at The Ice Factor or take to Glencoe Mountain where the whole family can enjoy an array of different activities, from skiing and snowboarding to hill walking and mountain biking.
- Gulabin Lodge, Cairngorms - located within the Cairngorms National Park, Gulabin Lodge is the perfect base for families who simply can't get enough of the outdoors. Whether you're looking to sharpen your skills or enjoy your first taste of skiing and snowboarding, the Glenshee Ski and Board School at Glenshee Ski Centre is the perfect starting point. With its experienced and fully qualified ski instructors and range of fun obstacles for you to try out, you will become a pro in no time! For the non-skiers, there are a whole range of outdoor pursuits to be enjoyed, including abseiling, mountain biking and archery or, if you're brave enough, take on the Leap of Faith.
- Ardlogie Lodge, Aviemore - enjoy the finer things in life with Ardlogie Lodge. Situated right in the very heart of the Cairngorms, this luxury self-catering accommodation provides a peaceful setting to help you escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Excited for your upcoming ski holiday? The Scottish Highlands is the perfect winter sports destination to help you hone your skills. With fantastic ski resorts close by, including Cairngorm Mountain and The Lecht, get ready to take in the spectacular views as you ski down its slopes.