The city of Perth is a place with lots of sparkle, although the usual winter festivities are on hold, the city will be ready to welcome you back in 2021 with its charming markets and great family events!
Things to look forward to in 2021
Getting things off to a bang
Winter festival season kicks off in Perth on 5 November - Bonfire Night! And we must say, Scotland's newest city looks mightily pretty lit up against a backdrop of beautiful fireworks. Taking place on the South Inch, it's well worth wrapping up warm and bringing the family out into the cold crisp night for this explosive display.
*Please note the bonfire and firework display in Perth has been cancelled for 2021.
Perth Festival of Chocolate
Chocoholics of the world, unite! In late November, Perth serves up this lip-smackingly good festival where it would be criminal NOT to indulge your sweet tooth.
- Stock up on goodies from artisan chocolatiers and get chocolate gifts ideas.
- See tasty chocolates being created at cooking demos by skilled chefs and chocolate producers.
- Take the wee ones to the kids' tent for some cocoa-themed fun.
- Have your fill! There are some wonderful food and drinks vendors, serving up tasty local grub for when it's time to munch on something more substantial.
*Please note, the Festival of Chocolate has been cancelled for 2021.
Winter markets galore
- Make sure your larder is stocked up for the winter with the finest produce from Perth's fields and browse the stalls at Perth's regular farmers' market and the Winter Festival Market.
- The Blair Castle Craft & Food Fair in Pitlochry is a great chance to pick up things to give your home some beautiful festive touches, as well as unique gifts.
Christmas family fun
- Follow the magical Perth Lantern & Nativity Parade and hear the beautiful sound of carol singers performing festive classics.
- Ho ho - go! Take part in the Santa Run. It's a 5k race through the streets of Perth and it's free to sign up. You'll deserve a mince pie after that!
- Get involved in Perth City's Festive Weekends with Santa's Grotto, Ice Magic Sculptures, a Silent Disco, Perth Pipe Band and lots more to enjoy!