Back for another spectacle in 2022, the Edinburgh Festivals are set to bring a wave of colour and soaring excitement to the city.
Seven spectacular festivals proudly serve up the most incredible smorgasbord of culture you could ever imagine, filling the city's performance venues, event spaces, and now the online world in late June, July and August.
- Edinburgh International Science Festival - 9 - 24 April 2022
- Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival - 15 - 24 July 2022
- Edinburgh Art Festival - August 2022
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe - 5 - 29 August 2022
- Edinburgh International Festival - 6 - 28 August 2022
- Edinburgh International Book Festival - 13 - 29 August 2022
- Edinburgh International Film Festival - August 2022
The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo will all return from 5 - 27 August 2022.
Attend a star-studded film premiere during the Edinburgh International Film Festival and listen to top class live music when incredible musicians from all over the world roll into town for the Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival.
There'll barely be time to catch your breath before Edinburgh Art Festival launches, an unmissable opportunity to see awesome and thought-provoking visual works created by talented Scottish and international artists.
And there's plenty more to get excited about come August. The Edinburgh International Festival and Edinburgh Festival Fringe mean that visitors and locals alike are well and truly spoilt for choice. Choose from the incredible array of music, theatre, comedy, opera, dance, circus, cabaret, musicals, spoken word, exhibitions, children's shows and physical theatre.
And let's not forget about the Edinburgh International Book Festival where you can join author readings, Q&As and talks covering all types of literature.