Widefirth cottages are two self-contained houses which have been built to an extremely high standard. The cottages are well insulated with underfloor central heating provided throughout. Widefirth Cottages are on one level and offer easy access to wheelchair users. There are ample private parking facilities available. Pets are welcome by arrangement only.
Both cottages offer the following:
- Free WI-FI access
- A welcome hamper with samples of Orkney produce
- Large comfortable sitting room which is light and airy in summer and yet cosy and warm in the winter. For your entertainment, there is a widescreen Digital TV with DVD player.
- Spacious dining room with patio doors leading out to the patio and garden.
- Large kitchen, well equipped with modern appliances. Includes large built-in fridge and freezer, dishwasher, microwave conventional oven, electric hob and oven, electric mixer and coffee maker.
- Separate utility room with washing machine, tumble drier, additional sink and storage facilities.
- The master bedroom has a deluxe four poster bed and en-suite bathroom. The en-suite is fully equipped with a walk in shower. TV also included.
- The two twin bedrooms are well proportioned with large built in wardrobes and TV.
- The family bathroom is a bright functional room. Why not relax from a long day exploring Orkney, in the luxurious spa bath. Or if you prefer, there is a separate showering area. The bathroom has ample storage facilities for towels and toiletries and also has a heated towel rail.
- Large garden area, with separate barbeque area provided off the patio. Separate drying area. Bird tables attract a diversity of birdlife to the area.
- Small shed available for storage of bikes, fishing or outdoor gear.
- There is a large selection of DVDs, Orkney books and local information. Binoculars, maps and guides are also available.
Visit our website for more information.
The Riff Cottage is centrally located within 20-30 minutes journey from the archaeological sites and main towns.
Skara Brae, Maes Howe, Standing Stones of Stenness, Ness of Brodgar are all located within 20 minutes’ drive.
In Kirkwall, there are main local shops and attractions, including St. Magnus cathedral, Earls Palace, Highland Park and Scapa Distillery
If you are interested in wildlife, why not visit one of the 13 RSPB reserves in Orkney or take part in one of Orkney’s nature events