A guided traverse of the Aonach Eagach in Scotland’s iconic Glencoe is a challenging and thrilling adventure suitable for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers. The route follows a narrow and exposed ridge.
A guided traverse of the Aonach Eagach in Glencoe is an exhilarating and challenging adventure, suitable for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers. The itinerary typically begins with a safety briefing and gear check before heading to the start of the route. You’ll then traverse along the narrow and exposed ridge, navigating steep drops and rock climbs, with breathtaking views of Glencoe and the surrounding mountains.
Your experienced guide will provide expert knowledge and advice on navigating the terrain safely, and will also offer insights into the geology and history of the area. Along the way, you’ll take breaks to rest, refuel, and enjoy the stunning scenery.
The traverse typically takes around 6-8 hours to complete, depending on the group’s pace and the weather conditions. After finishing the route, you’ll can choose to celebrate your achievement with a well-deserved pint at the famous Clachaig inn which we finish right next to.
- Overall, a guided traverse of the Aonach Eagach in Glencoe is a challenging and rewarding experience, offering spectacular views and the opportunity to test your skills in a stunning and challenging environment while keeping you safe.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your Aonach Eagach Guided traverse:
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
- Warm layers
- If you have your own harness and helmet feel free but we can provide these if not.
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors who are members of AMI so you can rest assured they are recognised as amongst the best in the world.
- All technical equipment
From £200 per adult
January — December
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.