A guided ascent of Curved Ridge on Buachaille Etive Mor is a challenging and exhilarating adventure suitable for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers. The route involves a steep hike up the mountain’s slopes followed by a scramble.
A guided ascent of Curved Ridge on Buachaille Etive Mor is a challenging and exhilarating adventure suitable for experienced hillwalkers and mountaineers. The itinerary typically begins with a meeting at the car park at the base of Buachaille Etive Mor, where you’ll meet your qualified guide for a safety briefing and gear check.
The ascent begins with a steep hike up the mountain’s slopes, followed by a scramble along the exposed and technical Curved Ridge. Your guide will provide expert knowledge and advice on safely navigating the terrain, including the use of ropes and harnesses where necessary.
As you climb higher, you’ll be rewarded with stunning views of the surrounding Scottish Highlands before reaching the summit of Buachaille Etive Mor. After a well-deserved break to admire the scenery, you’ll descend via the track, arriving back at the car park.
- The whole ascent typically takes around 6-8 hours, depending on the group’s pace and weather conditions. Overall, a guided ascent of Curved Ridge is a challenging and unforgettable experience, offering stunning views and a chance to push your limits in a safe and controlled environment.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your Curved Ridge Guided Ascent:
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
- Warm layers
- If you have your own harness and helmet feel free but we can provide these if not.
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors who are members of AMI so you can rest assured they are recognised as amongst the best in the world.
- All technical equipment
From £200 per adult
January — December
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.