Findhorn White Water Rafting
White water rafting in grade 3/4 rapids on the river Findhorn is a popular adventure activity in Scotland near Inverness & Aviemore. The rapids are awesome fun, providing a thrilling and challenging experience for everyone aged 8 and up.
Normally you would meet your Instructor at the venue on the day at the ardclach church car park 10:00 on the side of the river Findhorn – although we can tailor to groups wishing to go elsewhere or paddle different sections of the river (if so drop us an enquiry). You would meet at 10:00 – kit up, do a shuttle (you will need to help with this, we will drive to the bottom and take 1 vehicle back to the top dropping off the driver at the end of the day for their vehicle) and then be on the river the rest of the day before parting ways sometime around 14:00-15:00 depending on how quick the river is on the day!
You will then head out onto the river rafting down rapids like Ardclach, Logie Bridge, Elephants Rock, Dragons Tooth and the might Carnage Corner all grade 3/4. There will be opportunities to swim or push your friends in on occasion and your instructor will let you know when you can do so. safely.
Your instructor will cover all the necessary safety information for you and provide all the equipment for the day that you could possibly want. On top of that we will provide high quality DSLR photos from the trip (so long as the weather isn’t terrible in which case we will use a go-pro to take photos). All photos will be put on social media afterwards and we can share the high definition copies with people free of charge if people want.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your White Water Rafting Grade 3/4 River Findhorn adventure activity:
- Something to go underneath a wetsuit – swimwear or a spare pair of underwear. (We do provide swimshorts to wear over the top of the wetsuit for greater style and modesty.)
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day of your White Water Rafting Grade River Findhorn Grade 3/4 adventure activity.
- Buoyancy aids.
- Neoprene wetsuit boots.
- Swimshorts to go over the top of wetsuits.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors.
- Changing robes or a pop up tent will be provided for those who wish or need more privacy getting into a wetsuit.
From £60 per adult
January — December
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.