Kingdom of Fife
Explore the historic "Kingdom of Fife" and the scenic East Coast, shaped by the Firth of Forth to the South and the Firth of Tay to the North. Visit St. Andrews, the birthplace of golf, explore ancient castles, and delve into the footsteps of royalty
Fife, a historic county on Scotland's east coast, is embraced by the Firth of Forth to the south, the Firth of Tay to the north, and Perth and Kinross to the west. It's a cherished tourist spot, celebrated for its breathtaking landscapes, historical landmarks, and warm locals. Explore this former kingdom and the East Coast, nestled between the Firth of Forth and the Firth of Tay, to witness the fascinating blend of history and maritime influences.
Visit the renowned golfing hub, St. Andrews, delve into castle exploration and trace the footsteps of royalty. Uncover hidden historical gems, adding a touch of modern intrigue to your Scottish experience with this road trip itinerary to explore the "Kingdom of Fife".
The cost is £4.99 to access the online road trip itinerary for yourself and your group, for 12 months on UncoverBritain, to use when planning and on the road. You can choose and book accommodations, attractions and experiences interested in. If you're looking for a vehicle for the road trip, take a look here.
- Visit St Andrews: Explore the historic town with the University of St Andrews, Scotland's oldest university, and St Andrews Cathedral, a significant medieval landmark.
- Play Golf: Experience golfing heritage in Fife, home to numerous golf courses, including the renowned Old Course at St Andrews, the world's oldest golf course.
- Fife Coastal Path: Embark on a scenic adventure along the Fife Coastal Path, offering breathtaking views of the North Sea, charming fishing villages, and historic sites. Immerse in the region's maritime heritage and natural beauty on this coastal trail spanning over 117 miles.
- Explore Fife Coastal Route: Discover Fife's picturesque coastline, featuring beautiful beaches, hidden coves, and dramatic cliffs, perfect for exploration.
- Visit Fife Castles: Explore Fife's rich history through its castles, including Falkland Palace and Culross Palace, showcasing the region's architectural heritage.
- Go Hiking: Enjoy the outdoors on various hiking trails in Fife, including the extensive Fife Coastal Path, offering diverse landscapes and scenic vistas.
- Visit Charming Villages: Experience the charm of Fife's villages, such as Anstruther, Crail, and Pittenweem, each offering unique character and local hospitality.
About the road trip itinerary:
· Access on 2 devices (mobile, tablet or desktop) for 12 months
· Suggested fully flexible mapped route
· This is a 6/7 days circular route around the former ‘Kingdom of Fife’ that covers around 108 miles (174km), visiting attractions on the way. This road trip has a drive time of 4 hours and 10 minutes.
· This road trip planner covers 8 destination locations included and information on detour and nearby on the route. ·
· The destination guide includes over 25 attractions, experiences and activities to uncover your own Scotland.
· Local experiences and activities are also available to browse by bookable links.
· Map pinpoints for Viewpoints, Places of interest, Hidden gems, Wild swim spots and On-screen spots
· Map pinpoints for Campsites, Motorhome stops & almost wild spots, Hotels, B&Bs, guesthouses and lodges
· Access on 2 devices (12 mths) & make the best of your holiday with planner/maps
· Maps, destinations, attractions, campsites, hotels etc, hidden gems, viewpoints
· All in one place, with embedded links for the most up-to-date information
· Saves hours of searching so you won't miss a thing, before and during your break
If you're looking for other road trip ideas in Scotland, take a look at our Scottish road trips.
Tour company information
Uncover Britain provides road trip itineraries for some of the best and most scenic Scottish road trips. The road trips in Scotland include the well-known and well-loved North Coast 500. However, road trippers can uncover their own Scotland with one of the other popular routes, such as the West Coast of Scotland, including the amazing Isle of Skye, the former 'Kingdom of Fife, with a visit to non-other than the home of Golf, and discover more about Edinburgh and the Romantic Borders.
Other tours from this company
Scottish Heritage Golf Road Trip
Departs: Stirling, St Andrews, Dundee, Edinburgh, The Kingdom of Fife
Embark on an extraordinary journey through Scotland's golfing legacy with our Sc...
North Coast of Scotland (NC500)
Departs: Thurso, Wick, Applecross, Ullapool, Inverness
Discover the beauty of Scotland on the North Coast 500, a scenic route starting...
Edinburgh & Romantic Borders
Departs: North Berwick, Jedburgh, Edinburgh
Embark on a road trip that blends coastal views, rural landscapes, the bustling...
Wild West Coast Road Trip
Departs: Inveraray, Oban, Ardnamurchan, Fort William, Glencoe, Glenfinnan, Plockton, Ardnamurchan a...
Embark on a road trip to the West Coast of Scotland, winding through rugged moun...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.