Scottish Heritage Golf Road Trip
Embark on an extraordinary journey through Scotland's golfing legacy with our Scottish Heritage Golf Road Trip. Scotland, often hailed as a golfer's paradise, beckons with its rich history, breathtaking landscapes, and world-class golf courses.
Explore Scotland's rich golf heritage along the East Lothian coast, the Kingdom of Fife, and Perth with Kinross with this self-drive road trip itinerary. Play on world-famous courses like those of James Braid and Old Tom Morris, along with hidden gems that hold a special place in golf history.
Experience the best of Scotland on a Scottish Heritage Golf Holiday. Follow in the footsteps of golfing legends like James Braid and Old Tom Morris, exploring historic courses and iconic sites.
This golf holiday itinerary offers a perfect blend of history, stunning scenery, and the thrill of legendary golf courses, making it an unforgettable experience for any golf enthusiast.
The cost is £4.99 to access the online road trip itinerary for yourself and your group, for 12 months on UncoverBritain, to use when planning and on the road. You can choose and book accommodations, attractions and experiences interested in. If you're looking for a vehicle for the road trip, take a look here.
Highlights of the trip include:
· Visit St. Andrews, the birthplace of golf, and play on the world's oldest golf course, the Old Course.
· Explore well-known historic golf clubs in Edinburgh and Fife, enjoying challenging links courses and a vibrant atmosphere.
· Take golf-themed day trips with local guides, deepening your connection to Scotland's golfing heritage.
· Visit Gleneagles, a renowned golf resort with three championship courses, including those hosting major tournaments like the Ryder Cup.
· Enjoy a curated Scotland Golf Map, guiding you to Braid and Morris' golf clubs.
· Immerse yourself in the history of golf at the Scottish Golf Museum, housing artefacts from the game's early days.
· Indulge in local cuisine and meet fellow golf enthusiasts from around the world.
About the road trip itinerary:
· Access on 2 devices (mobile, tablet or desktop) for 12 months
· Suggested fully flexible mapped route – The route is 226 miles (364 km) with a drivetime of around 7 hours, and 45 minutes, with the option to stop at 6 destinations to combine a golf road trip with some great visitor attractions along the way.
· Adjust to suit between 3 and 14 nights
· The guide covers visitor information for 18 places to visit and top clubs to play along the way, plus loads of links and references.
· Map pinpoints for Viewpoints, Places of interest, Hidden gems, Wild swim spots and On-screen spots
· Map pinpoints for Campsites, Motorhome stops & almost wild spots, Hotels, B&Bs, guesthouses and lodges
· Access on 2 devices (12 mths) & make the best of your holiday with planner/maps
· Maps, destinations, attractions, campsites, hotels etc, hidden gems, viewpoints
· All in one place, with embedded links for the most up-to-date information
· Saves hours of searching so you won't miss a thing, before and during your break
If you're looking for other road trip ideas in Scotland, take a look at our Scottish road trips.
Tour company information
Uncover Britain provides road trip itineraries for some of the best and most scenic Scottish road trips. The road trips in Scotland include the well-known and well-loved North Coast 500. However, road trippers can uncover their own Scotland with one of the other popular routes, such as the West Coast of Scotland, including the amazing Isle of Skye, the former 'Kingdom of Fife, with a visit to non-other than the home of Golf, and discover more about Edinburgh and the Romantic Borders.
Other tours from this company
North Coast of Scotland (NC500)
Departs: Thurso, Wick, Applecross, Ullapool, Inverness
Discover the beauty of Scotland on the North Coast 500, a scenic route starting...
Edinburgh & Romantic Borders
Departs: North Berwick, Jedburgh, Edinburgh
Embark on a road trip that blends coastal views, rural landscapes, the bustling...
Kingdom of Fife
Departs: Culross, Dunfermline, Anstruther, Falkland, St Andrews, Dunfermline and West Fife
Explore the historic "Kingdom of Fife" and the scenic East Coast, shaped by the...
Wild West Coast Road Trip
Departs: Inveraray, Oban, Ardnamurchan, Fort William, Glencoe, Glenfinnan, Plockton, Ardnamurchan a...
Embark on a road trip to the West Coast of Scotland, winding through rugged moun...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.