Moray Coast SUP
Stand up paddleboarding (SUP) is a popular water sport that involves standing on a board and using a paddle to move through the water.
If you’re looking for a fun and active way to explore the beautiful Moray Coast in Scotland, a stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) day is the perfect choice. Here’s a sample itinerary of the day:
10:00 AM – Meet at Hopeman Harbour: Meet up with your group and your SUP instructor at Hopeman Harbour. You will receive a brief on safety and the basics of SUP.
Warm-up and SUP Instruction: After a quick warm-up, your instructor will provide you with some basic SUP instruction in the Harbour before venturing out onto the sea; including how to stand up on the board, paddle techniques, and safety tips.
With your instructor leading the way, you’ll start your paddleboarding adventures along the Moray Coast. The tour includes stops at some of the most scenic spots of the coast, including caves and cliffs. Your instructor will give you details on the history and geology of the coast.
Lunch Break: Take a break for a packed lunch (bring one with you we will supply dry bags for you) and relax on one of the secluded beaches of the coast. Enjoy the stunning views of the Scottish coastline.
Continue Paddleboarding: After lunch, continue the SUP adventure along the coast. You can also try some fun SUP games with your group and work on your skills as well like surf landings and launching from the beach through the surf both of which as great fun as well as critical skills to learn.
Final Stretch: Enjoy the last leg of your journey with more exploration along scenic spots and rock hoping opportunities along the coast.
3:00 PM – End of the day: You will arrive back at Hopeman Harbour, where your SUP adventure will come to an end.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your Moray Coast SUP Adventure Day:
- Something to go underneath a wetsuit – swimwear or a spare pair of underwear. (We do provide swimshorts to wear over the top of the wetsuit for greater style and modesty.)
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day.
- Hala SUP’s -The world’s best stand up Paddleboards – perfect for your Moray Coast SUP Adventure Day.
- Buoyancy aids.
- Cags if it is windy or raining.
- SUP leashes on a quick release belt.
- Neoprene wetsuit boots.
- Swimshorts to go over the top of wetsuits.
- Dry bags so you can bring equipment you might want along with you.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors who are the best in the country on a SUP.
- There are public toilets at the harbour.
From £65 per adult
January — December
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.