Nessie SUP Journey
A paddleboarding Nessie SUP journey on Loch Ness is a unique and exciting way to explore one of Scotland’s most iconic locations. This adventure combines the thrill of stand-up paddleboarding with mystery and intrigue of the legendary Loch Ness.
If you’re looking for a thrilling adventure on the legendary Loch Ness, a Nessie SUP adventure journey is the perfect way to explore this iconic location. Here’s an itinerary for a full-day journey that begins at Dochgarroch at 10 am and returns at 3 pm.
10:00 am – Arrival and Safety Briefing – Your adventure begins at the Dochgarroch car park, where you’ll meet your guide and fellow adventurers. After introductions, you’ll receive a safety briefing and a quick introduction to paddleboarding, covering techniques and safety precautions.
Setting Out onto Loch Ness – Once you’re comfortable with the equipment, you’ll set out onto the deep and mysterious waters of Loch Ness paddling Loch Dochfour first. You’ll paddle along the loch, taking in the dramatic views of the surrounding hills and mountains. And along route you will find a scenic spot for lunch.
Continuing the SUP Journey after your Lunch, you’ll paddle further along the loch, exploring more of the loch’s hidden gems and searching for any signs of Nessie.
Paddleboarding skills and fun games will be incorporated throughout (if you wish it), you’ll have the chance to practice your paddleboarding technique, working on your balance and coordination as you navigate the waters.
3:00 pm – Return to Dochgarroch – As the journey comes to an end, you’ll return to Dochgarroch car park at 3 pm, hopefully feeling exhilarated and invigorated by the experience. Whether you’ve caught a glimpse of Nessie or not, the opportunity to paddleboard on the historic and mystical Loch Ness is a monster of an experience that you will carry with you in the years to come.
We pride ourselves on providing as much kit as possible for you. However, the list below is what we recommend you should bring to your Nessie SUP Journey:
- Something to go underneath a wetsuit – swimwear or a spare pair of underwear. (We do provide swimshorts to wear over the top of the wetsuit for greater style and modesty.)
- Travel insurance. (We are insured for all our trips, but we recommend everyone has their own travel insurance as well.)
- Transportation to the venue. (We may be able to help with this though – if you need transportation please drop us an enquiry and we can see what we can do to help.)
- Lunch, water.
- Personal medication
- Sun cream, midge net
Here at Highland Outdoor Adventures, we pride ourselves on providing as much as we can but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you do prefer. The list below is what we provide you with on the day.
- Hala SUP’s -The world’s best stand up Paddleboards – perfect for this Nessie SUP Journey.
- Buoyancy aids.
- Cags if it is windy or raining.
- SUP leashes on a quick release belt.
- Neoprene wetsuit boots.
- Swimshorts to go over the top of wetsuits.
- Dry bags so you can bring equipment you might want along with you.
- All instruction.
- All first aid and safety equipment.
- Photographs of the day provided for you at no extra cost! If the weather is good we will have a DSLR professional camera and maybe even a drone, so we can take photos and videos of your adventure and you can look back at the day for years to come. If the weather is less favourable we will bring a GoPro (as it is waterproof) so we will still be able to take photos for you.
- Fully certified instructors who are the best in the country on a SUP.
- There are Toilets at the meeting place as well as a cafe for a coffee prior or after the trip.
From £65 per adult
January — December
- Small Group (1-16)
- Outdoor Activities
Tour company information
Highland Outdoor Adventures
Looking for a fun and exciting adventure outdoor activity in the Highlands which will be a highlight of your holiday in Scotland? Or maybe you live here and want an outing on the rivers, lochs, sea, mountains or crags? Or perhaps you want to improve your skills, work to an assessment or take a qualification in paddling or climbing? Welcome to Highland Outdoor Adventures offering a range of climbing, walking and paddling options for individuals, groups and the whole family – including outings and courses for all levels (beginners through to experts).
Other tours from this company
Spey Descent Paddleboarding (SUP) 5 Day Expedition
Experience the thrill of a lifetime on a 5 day camping River Spey Sup Descent Ad...
Arisiag 2 day SUP Expedition
Experience the stunning beauty of Scotland’s west coast on a two-day Arisaig SUP...
River Tay Sup 5 Day Descent
The Loch & River Tay 5 day SUP descent journeys from the central highlands of Ki...
SUP across Scotland 5 days
Departs: Fort William
This 5 day SUP across Scotland Trip paddle boards the waters of the Great Glen W...
The content of many of our web listings is provided by third party operators and not VisitScotland. VisitScotland accepts no responsibility for (1) any error or misrepresentation contained in third party listings, and (2) the contents of any external links within web listings ((1) and (2) together hereinafter referred to as the "Content"). VisitScotland excludes all liability for loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on the Content. The Content is provided for your information only and is not endorsed by VisitScotland.